Friday, October 12, 2007

The Blog is up and running for real

Hey yall,
Well, we are settling down in our new house in B-more. It was a weird experience to place all my belongings in 4 shipping containers on my front driveway at my old house in Portland. And then see them show up at my new place 2 weeks later 3,000 miles away. Our kids are adjusting to their new school and we are grateful that we can walk them to school each morning. There were some tears from Miriam as she adjusted to her new class. The kids go to a great school but it definitely has an urban edge to it and Miriam wasn't used to the teachers raising their voices a little more than her teachers in Portland. She and Samuel are both one of a few white kids in their classes with the majority being African American. The kids in both of their classes have reached out to them and genuinely want to be their friends. It is awesome to see how the racial barriers adults set up don't exist between children.

Anyway I will be posting regularly, please hit me up and respond to my blogs anytime.

2 comments:

motomataru said...

We're REAL glad to hear you're back with your first love (ministry-wise).

Pray for us as we just left CCC with tears, believing God has another call for us, but we don't have any idea what it is yet. "At least You told Abram where he was going," I complain when I want to feel superior. The problem with ministry in this world is that our times together will always be too short.

lukesimon82 said...

Hey Rob. It's good to hear from you. I look forward to reading your posts.